Friday, February 26, 2010

D&G's wintery mix

Over in Milan, fall 2010 shows have been pretty promising. Prada and DSquared² both had excellent shows, and gave me a lot to look forward to this fall. D&G, on the other hand, was kind of a head-scratcher. This isn't to say I didn't like it, because I'd take outrageous yet interesting over wearable but boring any day--but these pieces aren't functional by any stretch of the imagination. If I had to name the collection, I'd call it "Sexy Snow Bunnies", which really doesn't work because even snow bunnies need to stay warm. Bare legs don't fare so well on the ski slopes.


The knits are cute enough, but why isn't there a little more to them? The reindeer and snowflakes scream "winter" but I wouldn't wear a dress that length outdoors in December--unless I lived in Southern California. And speaking of SoCal... I couldn't help but notice the collection's striking resemblance to Seth Cohen's Chrismukkah sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment