Wednesday, February 24, 2010

burberry prorsum fall 2010: an exercise in outwear perfection


style.com

Yesterday, Burberry's Prorsum show was taken in around the world. In a fashion first, the show was streamed in 3D--and was also available to watch live on the company's web site. I'm so glad these brands are making the shows more accessible to average citizens who most likely won't find themselves sitting in the front row any time soon. Although I have to admit, when I watch the shows online, I'm often more concerned with what celebs and editors I can spot than what the models are wearing.
Burberry's show was great, most notably their signature outerwear. The coats above are gorgeous, and it looks like the thigh-high boot trend will be staying on for another season. Check out the trench in the middle, above. There appears to be a zipper around the waist, so the bottom can be zipped off to shorten the length of the jacket. Very inventive, and I'm sure the piece will be in demand this fall. You can see the full collection here and watch the entire runway show here.

No comments:

Post a Comment