Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Stella McCartney for Gap Kids

Stella McCartney will always be one of those "reach" designers for me. If I ever were wealthly enough to afford serious designer clothing, Stella would be towards the top of my list if not for her fantastic designs, then for the fact that I respect her so much as a person. It's difficult to be a strict vegetarian and fashion obsessive because so often the clothes I'm lusting after are made from animal skin or fur, which is worse than finding out the item would cost as much as two months' rent. Seriously, if I won the lottery tomorrow, I still wouldn't get that freaking fantastic Rodarte leather jacket I love, because it goes against my no-leather policy. But if I suddenly hit it rich, no Stella item would be off limits for me!
So that brings me to the topic of today's post. Stella has just finished a diffusion line with Gap Kids, which is the first time I'd be able to afford something with her name on it (besides the line she did with H&M in 2005, but I had no access to H&M at that point in my life). Unfortunately, I'm not a child, so I'll just have to admire her clothes from afar as usual.
W magazine did a feature on the line in this month's issue, and their interview with Stella was so charming. She revealed that she used her children's advice when designing the line, going so far as to let one of her sons draw a picture of a monster that went on a pair of days-of-the-week underwear. She also chooses not to use child models for the advertisements, but instead uses normal, non-professional kids. So if anyone reading this right now has kids at home in need of new clothes, I'd highly suggest heading to Gap. Come on--how adorable would kids look in these duds?


all images from wmagazine.com and nitro:licious.com via examiner.com

1 comment:

  1. I love that pale pink Stella McCartney kids dress you posted. I think that would look great for my niece who's just about to celebrate her birthday.

    ReplyDelete