Sunday, December 27, 2009

a compendium of curiosities

I went to New York City today to visit some family and see the sights. It was way too crowded for me to really enjoy anything, but we did manage to make our way to Bergdorf Goodman's to check out the window display.  This year's theme is "A Compendium of Curiosities"-- a sort of Alice in Wonderland meets in the world of high fashion.
Since I got a digital camera for Christmas, I was able to take some of my own pictures for once! Get used it--this camera is very talented, so expect more of its work on this blog in 2010!

 
I loved this part of the Pamela Love window--a crab, I believe, playing a violin.


Alexander McQueen!



The most eye-catching window featured a playing card-covered table and decked-out mannequins.



You can't really see the details too well, but this was a Marc Jacobs window.

If you're curious to see some better-quality photos of the window displays, head over here for a slideshow.

No comments:

Post a Comment